About the review
The Northshore Hamilton PDA Development Scheme came into effect on 3 July 2009.
Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) has commenced a review of the Northshore Hamilton PDA Development Scheme to ensure it continues to operate effectively as the overarching planning document for the area.
The scope of the review includes examining:
- land use and infrastructure planning, to ensure the vision for the PDA is contemporary and appropriate
- assessment criteria included in the development scheme which guides new development.
The review may result in an amendment to the development scheme following consultation with the community and other stakeholders.
The review and development scheme amendment are planned to be completed in late 2016.
Project stagesThe development scheme review will occur across the following project stages:
Stage 1: Information review
March 2016 to June 2016*
Stage 2: Planning options analysis
July 2016 to April 2017*
Stage 3: Draft amendment and public notification
June 2017 to July 2017*
Stage 4: Adoption of development scheme amendment
August 2017 to September 2017*
*indicative timeframes only
How you can get involved
EDQ welcomes feedback from local property owners, residents and business operators about topics relevant to the review of the Northshore Hamilton PDA Development Scheme.
Stage 1 engagement
Community information sessions
During project Stage 1, EDQ hosted two community information sessions where stakeholders were able to drop in to meet and speak to EDQ representatives.
- provided information to stakeholders and the general public about the development scheme review process
- provided an opportunity for the community to share their views about future development of the PDA
- ensured the community's views are understood and considered as part of the development scheme review.
During project Stage 1, EDQ conducted an online survey where stakeholders were able to provide their views on a range of topics including residential development, retail and entertainment development, commercial and business development, parks, community facilities and transport infrastructure.
Stakeholders were also able to supply information or photos about the Northshore Hamilton PDA to help explain the community's interest in this area.
What happens next?
EDQ will report back to the community the key issues that were raised during stage 1 consultations.
EDQ will develop a series of concepts and options for how to respond to and address various planning matters.
- For more information, read the EDQ Northshore Hamilton PDA community newsletter ( 901 KB).
- Download the Northshore Hamilton PDA map ( 639 KB).
- Download posters from the community information sessions:
- EDQ overview poster ( 336 KB)
- Northshore Hamilton development scheme overview poster ( 757 KB)
- Development scheme review scope and stages poster ( 956 KB)
- Northshore Hamilton residential options poster ( 1.8 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton retail and entertainment options poster ( 2.3 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton commercial and business options poster ( 2.1 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton community facility options poster ( 2.0 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton parks options poster ( 2.3 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton transport infrastructure options poster ( 2.5 MB)