Under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA), the minister that administers the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971 and the minister that administers the SPA, has the legislative power to call in a development application if it involves a state interest.
Under the SPA, a state interest is:
- an interest that the minister considers affects an economic or environmental interest of the state or a part of the state, including sustainable development
- an interest that the minister considers affects the interest of ensuring there is an efficient, effective and accountable planning and development assessment system.
If the minister decides to call in a development application, this means that the minister becomes the assessment manager for the development application. This allows the minister to undertake an assessment or a re-assessment of the application against the identified state interests, or on planning merit against the relevant planning instruments.
Proposed call ins
Current call ins
- Clare Solar Farm (Approved 25 October 2015)
- Cedar Woods development - Upper Kedron (Approved 31 July 2015)
- Mount Emerald Wind Farm development - Arriga (Approved 24 April 2015)
- Pacific View Estate - Gold Coast (Approved 19 March 2015)
- Cedar Woods development – Upper Kedron (Approved 5 May 2016) ( 24.7 MB)
- Jewel development - Gold Coast (Approved 12 April 2016) ( 2.87 MB)
- Mount Emerald Wind Farm development - Arriga (Approved 18 December 2015) ( 8.9 MB)
Call in register
The ministerial call in register ( 239 KB) provides detail on all previous ministerial call ins decided to date.
For further information about the register or the ministerial call in process, please contact the department on 13 QGOV (13 74 68).